What are PDO Smooth Threads
PDO, or polydioxanone, is a synthetic absorbable suture material that has been widely used in the medical field for years. What makes PDO smooth threads unique is their design and composition. Unlike barbed threads that provide a more dramatic lift, smooth threads are designed for a gentler, natural-looking enhancement.
These threads consist of fine, dissolvable sutures that are strategically placed beneath the skin’s surface. Once inserted, they work to stimulate collagen production, promoting skin elasticity and a more youthful appearance over time.
Benefits of PDO Smooth Threads
1.Minimally Invasive: One of the primary advantages of PDO smooth threads is their minimally invasive nature. The procedure typically involves a few strategically placed entry points, reducing the risk of scarring and downtime compared to traditional surgical facelifts.
2. Natural-Looking Results: PDO smooth threads provide a subtle and natural lift, avoiding the overdone appearance that can sometimes result from more aggressive procedures. This makes them an attractive option for individuals seeking a refreshed look without appearing drastically altered.
3. Collagen Stimulation: Beyond the immediate lift, PDO smooth threads stimulate collagen production. Collagen is a key protein responsible for maintaining skin firmness and elasticity. As the threads gradually dissolve, the newly produced collagen helps sustain the lifted effect.
4. Versatility: PDO smooth threads are versatile and can be used in various areas of the face, including the jawline, cheeks, and neck. This adaptability allows for a customized approach to address specific areas of concern.
Where Can You Get Threads Placed?
There are many places to place smooth threads on the face and body.
- Eyes: To help with wrinkles around and under the eyes. Can also help lift brow.
- Between the brows: To soften etched in 11s.
- Upper lip: To help with vertical lip lines
- Smile lines, nasolabial folds
- Jalwine: To help snatch the our jawline appearance.
- Necks: To help with appearance and texture.
- Knees and Abdomens: To help tighten sagging or loose skin.
Local anesthesia (numbing) is administered to ensure comfort. The threads are then strategically inserted into the skin, gently lifting and tightening the targeted areas. The entire process is relatively quick, with minimal discomfort and downtime.
Recovery and Results
Following the procedure, people may experience some mild swelling or bruising, but these effects are generally temporary. Most individuals can resume their regular activities within a few days. The full results of a PDO smooth thread lift become increasingly apparent as collagen production continues, with improvements visible over several weeks.
PDO smooth threads are a great non-surgical procedure for facial rejuvenation. With their minimally invasive approach, natural-looking results, and collagen-stimulating benefits, they offer a compelling option for individuals seeking a refreshed and lifted appearance. As always, consulting with an injector at Amélie is always recommended.